8 Best Wall Mounted Bathroom Exhaust Fans In 2023
Wall-mounted bathroom fans are an important part of any home ventilation system. Not only do they help to remove excess moisture and odors from the air, but they also help to keep your bathroom feeling fresh and comfortable.
When you’re looking for the best wall mounted bathroom exhaust fan, you’ll want to consider features like airflow capacity, noise levels, and installation ease.
You’ll also want to make sure that the fan you choose is the right size for your bathroom.
Large bathrooms will require a more powerful fan, while smaller bathrooms can get by with a less powerful model.
In terms of noise, you’ll want to make sure that the fan you choose is as quiet as possible.
Some fans can be quite loud, so it’s important to read reviews to see what other homeowners have to say about a particular model.
In this article, I will help you select the best wall-mounted bathroom exhaust fan for your needs. So, let’s get started!
Broan-Nutone 512M Ventilation Fan
The Broan-Nutone 512M is a through-the-wall ventilation fan that is specifically designed for use in the bathroom.
This fan has a 8-inch round duct connection and can be used to ventilate a room up to 170 square feet in size.
The Broan-Nutone 512M has a 200 CFM airflow capacity and is UL listed for use over a bathtub or shower with a GFCI circuit.
This fan has a built-in damper that helps to reduce backdrafts, and it also includes a polymeric grille that is easy to clean.
When it comes to installation, the Broan-Nutone 512M is designed to be installed through an existing exterior wall.
The motor offers an adjustable housing that fits walls from 4.5″ to 9.5″ thick and 5.25″ to 10″ thick for your convenience and is easy to assemble with a “twist-lock” mechanism.
- It has a polymeric grille that can be painted to match your existing decor.
- Its installation is very easy as it comes with j-box mounting.
- This product has a built-in damper to minimize backdrafts and enhance energy efficiency.
- It is also UL listed for use over bathtubs and showers when installed with a GFCI circuit breaker.
- It has a very powerful and quiet operation with 70 CFM and 6.0 sones respectively.
- Some have found that the grille is challenging to remove for cleaning.
iLiving Automatic Shutter
The iLiving 16″ Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan is a great choice for those who are looking for an exhaust fan that is specifically designed for use in the bathroom.
This fan has an airflow capacity of 80 CFM and is rated for use in bathrooms up to 100 square feet in size.
The iLiving Fan also includes an automatic shutter that opens and closes as needed.
It is made of a strong durable aluminum shutter to withstand regular use. The fan is also made of powder-coated steel to resist rust and corrosion.
This product is easy to install with the included mounting hardware, and it comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Has a variable speed capability
- This product is easy to install with the included mounting hardware.
- It is made of a strong durable aluminum shutter to withstand regular use.
- It has an automatic shutter that opens and closes as needed making it to be among the best wall mounted bathroom exhaust fan.
- The included hardware may not be suitable for all installation types.
- The automatic shutter feature may not work correctly if the fan is not installed level.
- Some have found that the fan is noisy at higher speeds, especially in smaller bathrooms.
Broan-Nutone 509S Ventilation Fan
The Broan-Nutone 509S is ideal for eliminating smoke, odors, and moisture from your bathroom.
This fan has a flow capacity of 180 CFM with an 8.5 sone sound rating.
It also has paintable polymeric grilles which makes it easy to match with your bathroom’s decor.
The Broan-Nutone 509S Fan is also UL listed for use over bathtubs and showers when installed with a GFCI circuit breaker.
Backdrafts are minimized by a built-in damper, which saves energy, and a specially constructed polymeric fan blade provides excellent performance.
When used with a Broan-Nutone 506W Heater, the 509S provides quiet, efficient, and comfortable warmth.
- The energy efficiency of this product will save you money in the long run.
- With changeable housings, the product is simple to install and/or replace.
- It is also UL listed for use over bathtubs and showers when installed with a GFCI circuit
- It has a paintable polymeric grille which makes it easy to match with your bathroom’s decor.
- Some have found that the fan is difficult to clean.
- The housing is not made of metal, so it may not be as durable as some of the other options.
iLiving Shutter Exhaust Fan
This is a multipurpose exhaust fan that can be used in the bathroom, kitchen, or garage.
The iliving 30 Inch Single Speed Shutter Exhaust Fan has a flow capacity of 1600 CFM and is rated for use in rooms up to 3000 square feet in size.
It also has an adjustable speed setting so that you can customize the airflow to your needs.
The iliving Shutter Exhaust Fan is made of powder-coated high-grade aluminum to resist rust and corrosion.
This product is also easy to install with the included installation hardware.
This Fan is built with high-quality materials and craftsmanship to provide better ventilation in any location you choose to install it, keeping your living space cooler and more pleasant year-round while lowering the cost of operation.
- The motor is designed for continuous running providing ultra-quiet operation.
- It has adjustable speed settings so that you can customize the airflow to your needs.
- The iliving 30 Inch Single Speed Shutter Exhaust Fan is made of long-lasting aluminum to withstand heat and moisture. It is also corrosion resistance
- Some have found that the fan is noisy at higher speeds.
- The speed settings may not be intuitive for some users.
- The fan blades are made of plastic, which some may find to be less durable than metal.
SAILFLO Exhasut Fan
The SAILFLO 6 Inch Window Exhaust Fan is designed for use in small rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
This fan is a two-way linkage exhaust fan that can exhaust in a reverse direction.
The SAILFLO Fan has a flow capacity of 176 CFM and is rated for use in rooms up to 150 square feet in size.
With overheat protection and efficient operation, this product is designed for your safety and comfort.
The fan starts up and exhausts outward on the first draw, and it reverses direction on the second draw, and the air is forced inward.
The ventilation fan will turn off after the third pull, and the louver will close.
- It’s simple to install and clean thanks to the detachable panel.
- It is quiet and stable and can work continuously for 9,000 hours.
- This product can be used for venting in both directions, which is unique among window fans.
- The overheat protection feature ensures that the fan will not overheat and become a fire hazard.
- It is not made of metal, so it may not be as durable.
- The fan is not as powerful as some of the other options on this list.
The Broan-NuTone 671 is a ceiling mountable exhaust fan that is designed for use in the bathroom.
It has a flow capacity of 70 CFM and is rated for use in bathrooms up to 100 square feet in size.
It can fit easily into small spaces thanks to its compact design.
The Broan-NuTone 671 has a white finish that will blend in with most bathroom decors.
This fan has a one-piece, seamless polymeric grille for easy cleaning. It is also easy to install because its housing fits perfectly between the ceiling joists.
- The white finish will blend in with most bathroom decors.
- The blower wheel is a powerful centrifugal blower that is designed for quiet operation.
- The Broan-NuTone 671 has a compact design that makes it easy to install in small spaces.
- Some users have found that this product is not as powerful as they would like.
- The Broan-NuTone 671 is not made of metal, so it may not be as durable as some of the other options on this list
The HG POWER 6 Inch Exhaust Fan is designed for use in small rooms such as bathrooms, and kitchens.
This fan can remove odors, smoke, and moisture from the air with its powerful 308 CFM airflow.
The HG POWER is made of durable baking paint material that is anti-rust, waterproof, and corrosion-resistant.
This product also has a thickened protective dense mesh design that prevents fragments from getting into the rotor blades, as well as unintentional touch injury.
It is ideal for wall or ceiling installation.
- The HG POWER 6 Inch Exhaust Fan is very powerful, with a 308 CFM airflow.
- It is made of durable, anti-rust material that is also waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
- The product comes with easy-to-follow instructions and all the hardware needed for installation.
- The grill is not removable for cleaning.
- The product does not include a timer or automatic shut off
The Hon&Guan 6 Inch Ventilation Exhaust Fan is designed for use in small rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
It has a modern design that will complement most decors.
This fan can remove odors, smoke, and moisture from the air with its powerful 141 CFM airflow.
The Hon&Guan 6 Inch Ventilation Exhaust Fan is made of ABS plastic, which makes it durable and long-lasting as well as efficient in heat dissipation.
It is also easy to install with the included mounting bracket. This product has a low noise level of <26dB and is designed for energy-saving operation.
- It is incredibly silent during operation.
- The design is elegant and would complement any home
- Installation is a breeze with the included mounting bracket.
- The Hon&Guan 6 Inch Ventilation Exhaust Fan features a low power consumption that is consistent.
- Some users have found that the fan is not as powerful as they would like.
- The fan’s knobs are made of plastic and are less robust than the body of the fan.
Bathroom Fan Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing a wall-mounted bathroom exhaust fan, there are many things you need to take into account to make sure you select the best one for your needs.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the best wall mounted bathroom exhaust fan:
1. The Size Of Your Bathroom
You will want to make sure that you choose a fan that is the appropriate size for your bathroom.
If you have a small bathroom, then you will not need a very large or powerful fan.
However, if you have a larger bathroom, you will want to make sure that you choose a fan that is strong enough to adequately ventilate the space.
2. The Level Of Ventilation You Need
If you only need a basic level of ventilation, then you can choose a less powerful fan.
However, if you need a higher level of ventilation, then you will need to choose a more powerful fan.
3. The Noise Level
Some fans are very quiet, while others can be quite loud. If you have a small bathroom, you may not want a very powerful or noisy fan.
However, if you have a larger bathroom, you may not mind a little bit of noise.
4. The Price
There is a wide range of prices for wall-mounted bathroom exhaust fans, so you should be able to find one that fits your budget.
5. The Features
Some fans come with a timer so that they will turn off after a certain amount of time. Others have a light so that you can see in the mirror while the fan is on.
And still, others come with a heating element, so that you can keep your bathroom warm during the winter months.
Having the best-mounted bathroom exhaust fan is a great way to keep your bathroom well ventilated.
There are a wide variety of fans on the market, so you should be able to find one that is the perfect size and power for your needs.
And, by following my tips, you should be able to find the best wall mounted bathroom exhaust fan for your home.